Here are the wishes we collected at Cally Festival! I may not have been able to solve wishes but the purpose of this project, is to offer some guidance to make you feel empowered, inspired and motivated to drive change in this world – both in terms of your personal life, and those around you.
Thank you to all those who took part in this project some of these wishes were incredibly moving!
1. I’m sure your teddy bear would love a cuddle!
2. This is a beautiful wish. I’m sure your son is very grateful to have such a loving mother. I recall you visiting our stall and saying that you didn’t know what to wish for. At one point you suggested you might wish to win the lottery. To see the wish you ended up putting down is admirable and I wish all the health and happiness for yourself and your son.
3. It’s made me sad to read your wish. I should tell you that there are points in all of our lives where we feel like we don’t belong. What I’ve come to realise is the reason we feel like this is because we don’t realise how amazing being different really is. There are around 7billion people on this planet. That’s 7 billion different perspectives, interests and personalities. Humanity and our differences is one of the most beautiful things in the world. So I guess what I’m trying to say is, you certainly belong here!
4. A chocolate house sounds like a super yummy idea!
6. I remember you showing me some of your writing. I remember you also saying you’re not so sure how to set up social media. If you feel it’ll be beneficial, I will help you set up your social media so your fabulous work will have an online presence of which you can approach publishers with. I will be in contact soon about going for that coffee!
7. Perhaps one of these will help you save up!
Also, might be worth getting one of these !
8. I’m a firm believer in taking action where you believe it’s necessary. Anyone, anywhere can do this. My advice would be to look at campaigns that strive for the same things you do. I’ve noticed Lambeth Council run a lot of campaigns to do with housing benefits. It may be worth seeing if you can talk to them about the situation in Islington as do the charity Shelter.
Here are some links that may help you. Feel free to get in touch with me if you’d like more help
9. It’s lovely to see you wish well for your loved ones and for that reason you would be very deserving of a gig ticket and a puppy from your girlfriend! I suggest you get yourself an ickle butterball!
10. If the people on Caledonian Road are as kind hearted as you are, I have no doubt they will find a friend. I love Cally Festival. It’s the perfect place for the people to come out and meet one another!
11. I’m sure you’ll find beauty in the world soon!
12. Many people share the wish you have and would love for a cure for cancer to be found too. I’m sure you’ve heard of the charity “Cancer Research UK”. You don’t necessarily need to donate to them but it may be worth contacting them to see if they need help with anything. Even giving one hour of your time to help them I’m sure will make a huge difference and you would be part of helping find the cure.
13. Lucy, I’m sorry to hear your best friend has cancer and I’m sorry there’s little I can do to help. I can tell you that from what I’ve seen of your caring, you are both lucky to share the friendship that you do.
14. I definitely relate to this one. Family is one of the most important things in our life. Sometimes we are restricted in the amount of time we can spend with our family. This may be due to distance, work reasons, financial reasons or other. I’ve found managing time efficiently and simply organising better can help in making time out. Also, although we may not get to see our family as often as we want, we’re lucky to live in a world where we can speak to them through other means- social media, skype, phone etc. Definitely utilise these options as and when you can. I’m sure you’re family miss you as much as you miss them.
15. I’ve tweeted your wish to Harry Styles and 1D! Perhaps they’ll respond. You never know until you try
16. Being a nurse is a lovely wish. I remember speaking with you and you told me you were going to work hard to make sure you achieve this wish. I’m sure you will achieve everything you wish to in life. Here is a video to motivate you if you’re ever feeling down
17. Here is a website where you can learn to drive!
18. Reading more books sounds like a great idea. Here is an awesome website I found which suggests which books you may like to read next! Happy reading
19. I’m sure you’ll find someone soon, so long as you keep smiling and enjoying life until then!
20. I’m not too sure what a movie-star planet account is but perhaps someone reading this may be able to help you! :)
21. I’m sure you’ll find a handsome man soon so long as you keep smiling and enjoying life!
22. You sound like an extremely driven person. Keep that mindset and you’ll see lots of success in your future.
23. I’m not sure if I can help you see an elephant in the wild. I’m sure you will one day if you save up some money. Till then, you may enjoy watching these!
24. Eat lots of vegetables and fruit. These have plenty of vitamins and minerals to get your body fuelled up and keep it healthy and strong! Also, practice makes perfect. Keep running around and enjoy it.
25. This is a beautiful wish and I’m sure your family wish all that and more for you too. I’m sure they’d feel very blessed to know you wished something so lovely for them.
26. War is indeed not the solution. If we are in a position where intervention is spoken of again, we should do all our best to voice our opinions, be this to our MPs or others.
Here’s a link to Stop the War Coalition who hold regular meetings/protests to oppose war.
27. I hope you find your dream home, retire and enjoy your time there!
If you ever wish to take a break from your home here’s a website with suggestions:
28. Couldn’t agree more. We should take everything the world throws at us and turn it into an experience that develops us into stronger human beings. Your positive attitude is precisely what will get you far in life.
29. It’s all about the smiles. Remind yourself of this each time you feel down.
30. If you keep working hard, you might just earn that much but remember, you don’t need a fortune to be fortunate!
31. I completely agree. Sometimes we forget how beautiful nature is and how dependent we are upon nature.
Check this out: http://www.nature.org/ and I would encourage you to take part in campaigns/spread the word if you are truly passionate about this cause. Even just taking one hour out of your time can make a huge difference.
32. Check out this video of someone else who chased their dream of being a jockey
33. I hope you get a pet guinea pig. If you do, here’s a video showing you how to look after it
34. Completely agree. Every individual should open themselves up through creative activities and I thank you for doing so through your wish tag!
35. This is an extremely kind and selfless wish. Your friends and family are lucky to have you and I’m sure they wish the same for you too. So stay smiling because it will make them smile too.
36. You’ve made me happy simply by writing that on your wish tag. I’m sure many reading this will also feel happy just from reading what you have written. So thank you and I hope knowing the impact you have made, makes you happy too.
37. I’m sure you will make lots of new friends at school! Just go in smiling and be yourself!
38. I’m sure your friends wish to see you too!
39. That’s great that you wish to learn gymnastics – it’ll be lots of fun and keep your body strong! Here’s a gymnastic centre close to where you live. They do beginners classes too!
40. I’m sorry to hear you fell off your skateboard and hurt your ankle. I hope it recovers soon. Although I can’t turn back time, I can tell you that it’s important that we try to take every bad experience we have in our life and turn it into something positive. Stay happy and positive.
41. Knowledge is power. I see that you understand this too. Part of knowledge is empowerment- using what we know to make us stronger but also being able to be strong within ourselves so that we can learn. I really hope you do pass on your knowledge to others, each experience is incredibly valuable.
42. I’ve tweeted your wish Justin Bieber and 1D! Perhaps they’ll respond. You never know until you try
43. This is a beautiful wish and I recall speaking to you about it. Christmas is coming up and I know it’s difficult as South Africa is far away and difficult to get to but I’m sure if you pursue your wish, you will find a way there. You never know until you try and even if you try but don’t quite make it in time for Christmas, I’m sure your family will be even more proud of you than they already are.
44. I’ve tweeted your wish to Joey Essex! Perhaps he’ll respond. You never know until you try
45. I’ve tweeted your wish to 1D! Perhaps they’ll respond. You never know until you try
46. I’m sorry I can’t help you see your Grandad again. I’m sure he’s thinking of you too and feels very blessed to have you think of him.
47. I’m sure your auntie and grandparents are very safe in heaven and are looking down on you wishing wonderful things for your future! I have tweeted your wish to 1D and Joey Essex. Perhaps they’ll respond. You never know until you try
48. I’m sure your grandad is safe as is wishing wonderful things for your future! I have tweeted your wish to 1D and Joey Essex. Perhaps they’ll respond. You never know until you try
49. Street art is great. Cally Road is especially great for it in Islington. Here is a link to a forum that seems to list some hotspots in Islington for street art. They might be worth checking out.
50. This is a beautiful wish. I’m sure your family wish the same for you and would feel very blessed to know that you wished this for them!
51. I’m sure your kitten is enjoying it’s new home and causing lots of mischief!
52. I agree! Here is a link you may be interested by the United Nations environment programme regarding fragile ecosystems.
Also it may be worth checking this out: http://www.nature.org/ and I would encourage you to take part in campaigns/spread the word if you are truly passionate about this cause. Even just taking one hour out can make a huge difference.
53. I absolute love this drive. Stay motivated and work as hard as you can and I’m sure you’ll pass it all on “one”. But if you find a time where you don’t, let it motivated you even more. You’ll get there regardless, and that’s the important part!
54. This is a beautiful wish. Incredibly selfless and kind. You may not realise but you can make a huge impact on the world by doing small things. I know you helped me with this project at Cally Festival and I hope together we have made an impact on people’s lives for the better. Thank you and keep taking part in community projects and I promise you will make a huge difference – you already have.
55. I’m sure you will find a job which you enjoy. Perhaps it might be worth looking at your hobbys and things you’ve done in the past outside of your work life and teasing out skills you may have picked up from doing those things. If it helps, perhaps we can sit down and work through some ideas!